- Topical once-a-month parasiticide for dogs.
- Provides systemic treatment against a broad spectrum of external and internal parasites.
Revolution® (selamectin) is approved for:
- Use in dogs 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea eggs, heartworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mites, and American dog tick.
- Killing adult fleas and preventing flea eggs from hatching for one month, and indicated for prevention and control of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis).
- Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
- Treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
- Treatment and control of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei).
- Control of American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis) infestations.
- Revolution is a prescription-only medicine, not a pesticide.
- Broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
- Kills adult flea and their eggs.
- Fast, simple and easy to use.
- Because of the low-volume dosage size, the solution can be applied in one spot.
- Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
- Bathing pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy.
- Available in 6 convenient dosage sizes in no-drip disposable tubes.
- Available in 6 separate dose strengths for dogs of different weights (see Dosage and Administration).
- Revolution for puppies is available in cartons containing 3 single-dose tubes.
- Revolution for dogs is available in cartons containing 3 or 6 single-dose tubes.
- Revolution for dogs weighing more than 85 pounds is available in cartons containing 6 or 12 single-dose tubes.
Dosage and Administration
- Hold tube upright.
- Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
- Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
- Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
- Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
- Ensure tube is empty.
- The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound (6 mg/kg) of body weight, applied according to the following tables.
- For dogs more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.
- Prior to administration, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
- While the number of circulating adult D. immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
- In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
- In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset.
- Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
- Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
For additional information on Revolution please visit their website